While this may not be the first thing you think about when getting ready to apply for the MBA program, it probably should be. If you think about it, the letters of recommendation are the only application requirements that are not exclusively within your control to provide to us.
Since we process applications on a rolling admissions basis, it is always advantageous to apply early - as applications are submitted and become complete, we will review them and make admissions decisions. The application is now live for both spring semester (January 2015 start) and autumn semester (August 2015 start). The deadline to apply for the January start is October 15, so you still have plenty of time to get ready.
Since we process applications on a rolling admissions basis, it is always advantageous to apply early - as applications are submitted and become complete, we will review them and make admissions and financial aid decisions. The application is now live, but we will not begin reviewing completed applications until September 2. Our first deadline is not until October 15, so you have plenty of time to get ready. Here is your quick checklist:
When you fill out your application for the MBA program, you have the opportunity to enter the names of up to three individuals who can serve as references on your behalf. Once you enter the names and email addresses of these individuals in the online system, they will receive the request to complete an online recommendation form for you. You are only required to submit two letters of reference, yet if you indicate the names of three references, your application will technically remain incomplete until we receive all three letters of recommendation. Please make sure that the references you have identified are prepared to write letters on your behalf before you submit your names through the online sysem. In order to expedite the review of your application, please reach out to your references to encourage them to complete the process. You will be able to tell if the letters have been submitted by your references by viewing your application status/check-list. While we are able to conduct an initial review of your application, we are unable to make a final decision until your letters of recommendation come in.
With the November 8th deadline quickly approaching for the winter quarter term, many of you are probably working on getting your application materials finalized. We often get questions from applicants as to whether you can submit your applications online even though all of your application materials may not be ready to go.
Here are some things to keep in mind:
- We will create a file for you as we recieve your supplemental application materials, so feel free to send them whenever they are ready as long as your first name, last name and program name (MBA for Working Professionals) are indicated on the items you are submitting.
- Since most of your application will be completed or uploaded online (application form, resume, personal statement, and electronic letters of recommendation), I am primarily referring to transcripts and test scores
- Your references can submit their online letters of recommendation at any time - they do not have to wait for you to submit your application online. As soon as they receive the link, they can submit. Do not worry if their letter of recommendation arrives prior to your application.
- You do not need to order transcripts if you were an undergraduate or previous graduate student at The Ohio State University.
- Make sure that the testing agency sends your official scores to us if you did not indicate that The Ohio State University should recieve the scores at the time you took the exam.
- Once we have a complete application (online application form and all supplemental materials), we will review your application.
- We review applications on a rolling basis and will make decisions for winter quarter until the class is full.
- If the class becomes full, it is possible that we will ask applicants to defer your admission to a future term - we will notify you if this applies to your application.