- If you're applying to the Fisher Master of Accounting program, you need to submit an updated resume as part of your complete application. Your resume says a lot about you.
Here are some tips to submit an effective resume for your application:
1) Make it easy for us to read
I have read some resumes that are all over the place when it comes to format. Spacing is too big or too small. Font size is too big or too small. Font type is hard to read. The list goes on. There are plenty of good professional templates you can use - if you're unsure which format to use, I recommend a modified version of the one used by Fisher graduate students. Click here for the templates. (Click on RESUME PREPARATION and scroll down for the examples of resumes by program.)
- Font size: I recommend 12 point
- Font type: I recommend Times New Roman or Arial or a similar easy-to-read font
2) If the info is relevant, a resume longer than one page is fine
3) You do not need an objective statement
4) Please proofred proofread!
5) References on your resume? Not needed.